Bookmark and Share

zondag 22 juni 2008

Provocateur tijdens vredesdemo blijkt politieagent

Erg interessant artikel over hoe de auteur tot het besef kwam dat een nogal agressieve demonstrant feitelijk een politieagent was, die ze al eerder had ontmoet op een feest...



He continued to shout slogans such as: 'Pigs Out.'

On his back was a black rucksack and he carried a professional-looking camera with a large telephoto lens. Hardly the sort of kit for a few snaps of his day out.

My friends and I, standing a few rows back, asked him a couple of times to calm down, but he ignored us.

I wondered why I was drawn to him. Was it his dark good looks or was I worried for the safety of my 70-year-old friend and children nearby?

Then it dawned on me. I had met this man at a party. I tapped him gently on the shoulder and said: 'Have we met before?'

Instantly he recognised me. 'Hi, how are you? It's really nice to see you here.'

My puzzlement grew. This chap wasn't really the sort you'd expect to see shouting abuse at police officers at an anti-war demo. He was, after all, a policeman himself - and a high-ranking one at that.


Lees verder



Geen opmerkingen: